Kenwood House Gardens
London NW3 7JR
Subject to licensing
Event Information - FAQ
Read more +
Read more +
When does the event start and finish?
The site opens at 10.00, with content starting on most stages at 11.00. The event will end with a musical performance, concluding by 20.00. From 09.00, the coffee shop at Kenwood House will be open should you like to purchase morning refreshments. This is located opposite to the Festival main entrance.
What is the format?
Sessions, in the form of interviews, presentations, panels, demonstrations and tastings will take place across eight themed stages. The duration of most sessions will be between 30-60 minutes. The full timed agenda for all stages will be published on the website nearer the time of the event.
Can I bring children to the event?
Yes, but anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. There are no suitable childcare options or entertainment specifically for children. Children under the age of 18 do not require a ticket.
Can I buy tickets on the door?
We encourage all tickets to be bought online in advance. Tickets on the door will be subject to availability and only card payments will be accepted.
Is there wifi?
Complimentary wifi is available throughout the site.
Travelling to/from the venue
We have arranged complimentary minibus transfers between the following local tube stations and the venue.
Archway tube (Northern Line, High Barnet branch). Pickup outside Junction Rd bus stop (turn left as you exit the station).
Hampstead tube (Northern Line, Edgware branch). Pickup outside Waterstones, Hampstead High St.
Minibuses will run continuously between 09.00 – 20.00, approximately every 10 minutes, in both directions. Transfer time is approximately 10-15 minutes. There will be a dedicated marshall at each station to direct you to the pickup point.
There is a very limited number of car parking spaces onsite which must be pre-reserved; priority will be given to anyone with special mobility needs. To enquire about reserving a place, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We strongly recommend you use public transport or taxis to travel to the venue.
There is also limited car parking on Hampstead Lane.
If booking a taxi to the venue, please ask to be dropped off at East Lodge Gate, Hampstead Lane, London NW3 7JR. If booking a taxi from the venue, please ask to be collected at West Lodge Gate, Hampstead Lane, London NW3 7JR, as there is limited set down space at East Lodge Gate. There will be plenty of directional signage on Hampstead Lane.
What food and drink options are available?
A variety of vendors will be available, selling a wide range of high quality food and drinks. Whilst most vendors will accept cards, we recommend also bringing some cash as some may only accept cash payments.
Can I bring my own food and drinks?
No, only food and drinks purchased onsite may be consumed at the venue.
Are there cash point (ATM) facilities onsite?
There is no cash machine at Kenwood House or nearby.
Are pass-outs available?
Each attendee will be issued with an official FT Weekend Festival wristband upon arrival. As long as you keep and show your wristband you may leave and return as you wish. Note that wristbands are not transferrable to other guests.
Is there somewhere to charge phones/tablets onsite?
Yes, in the Exhibitor marquee.
What should I bring?
While the Stages and Exhibitor marquee are undercover, the rest of the event is outdoors. We therefore recommend bringing sunscreen, a light jacket and an umbrella to be prepared for whatever the weather. There will be plenty of outdoor seating but you may bring picnic blankets if you wish.
There will be several shopping opportunities onsite, in our Food Village, FT Bookshop and Exhibitor marquee. While most vendors accept cards we would suggest also bringing cash. If you are lucky enough to look under 25 you will be asked to prove that you are aged 18 or over when you buy alcohol. Please therefore bring relevant ID.
What shouldn’t I bring?
No food, drinks, or glass items are permitted to be brought onsite.
Is the site wheelchair-accessible?
We will provide buggies to assist guests with mobility issues between the car park and the Festival, however please note that the site is difficult for wheelchairs as it is on grass with a slight slope. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Is there a cloakroom facility?
Due to space, there isn’t a cloakroom facility at the Festival site.
Is there any accommodation nearby?
Is smoking permitted onsite?
Smoking is permitted in designated outdoor areas within the Festival site.
Are dogs permitted onsite?
We don’t encourage guests to bring dogs (guide, hearing and service dogs excepted) as there are no facilities provided. We expect all dogs to be well-behaved, kept on a short lead and for owners always to be respectful of other guests. Dogs will not be permitted inside the marquees or stages.
What security measures are in place at the event?
A sturdy 3m perimeter fence surrounds the entire festival site, with a dedicated security team. Thorough bag checks are made by our security team at the site entrance, we would appreciate your patience whilst these are carried out. We ask you to remain vigilant, ensure that you do not leave any belongings unattended and do not bring large bags to the event.
Read more +
Read more +
- These terms and conditions include all instructions of how to take part in the FT Weekend Festival Prize Draw (“Prize Draw”). By entering into the Prize Draw, Participants agree to these terms and conditions and acknowledge that failure to comply with them may result in disqualification. No purchase is necessary to enter.
- The Prize Draw is open to residents of the UK only who are over 18 years of age. Directors, employees and immediate family members of employees of The Financial Times Limited (“FT”) its associated companies and agencies are not eligible to take part in the Prize Draw.
- The Prize Draw commences on 27 July 2017 at 12:00 BST and closes on 30 July 2017 at 23:59 BST.
- To enter the Prize Draw, you must have internet access and (i) an active Instagram account OR (ii) an active Twitter account. If Participants do not have an Instagram account, they may open one (free of charge) at the following website: www.instagram.com. If Participants do not have a Twitter account, they may open one (free of charge) at the following website: www.twitter.com. Participants must then go to the @financialtimeslive Instagram page and, if they have not done so already, follow @financialtimeslive by clicking on the ‘follow’ button OR Participants must then go to the @FTLive Twitter page and, if they have not done so already, follow @FTLive by clicking on the ‘follow’ button.
- To enter Prize Draw, Participants must ‘like’ the clearly marked Prize Draw post on the @financialtimeslive Instagram page OR Participants must ‘like’ the clearly marked Prize Draw post on the @FTLive Twitter page. Only one entry per account shall be permitted.
- 25 Winners will be selected at random from Participants who have successfully completed the steps set out in clauses 4 and 5 above on Monday 31 July.
- Each Winner shall receive two (2) tickets to the FT Weekend Festival event in London on Saturday 2 September 2017 (“Prize”). Travel to and from the event is not included in the Prize and must be arranged by the Winners.
- The result of the Prize Draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and the non-cash elements of the Prizes have no cash value if not used.
Notification of Winners
- Winners will also be notified by receiving a direct message from the @financialtimeslive Instagram account OR the @FTLive Twitter account or within two days of the draw taking place.
- FT shall notify the selected Winners by Wednesday 3 August and provide details of how to claim the Prize. If the Prize is declined or unclaimed by a Winner, or if a Winner cannot be contacted from the details supplied within 3 business days of notification, a replacement winner may be chosen at the FT’s discretion and will be notified by the FT. The original entry that was chosen will then be forfeited. All Winners are responsible for confirming a valid delivery address. FT will not be liable for any failure, delay or inability to contact a Winner.
- The name and county of Winners will be available from Friday 11 August upon receipt by the Financial Times of a self-addressed envelope at the following address: The Financial Times, Number One, Southwark Bridge, London, SE1 9HL.
- Winners may be required to complete and return an eligibility form stating their age and residency details.
- By entering the Prize Draw, the Winners agree to take part in any publicity relating to the Prize Draw or FT Weekend newspaper by FT, if the winner is invited to do so, without further compensation.
- FT reserves the right to cancel, suspend or amend the Prize Draw, or any part of it (including these Terms and Conditions) or change the Prize (to one of equivalent or greater value) as required by the circumstances in FT’s sole discretion. FT reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who has not complied with the letter or the spirit of these Terms and Conditions. Any failure by FT to enforce any provision in these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision
- FT cannot accept responsibility for or liability arising from Participants taking part in the Prize Draw or for taking up the Prize. FT gives no warranty or guarantee in relation to the Prize and accepts no responsibility or liability for the Prize being amended by FT. To the fullest extent permissible by law, FT excludes liability for all loss, damage or claim arising as a result of the Participant’s entry into the Prize Draw or use of the Prize.
- By entering and/or accepting the Prize, Participants and Winners agree to hold FT harmless for liability, damages or claims for injury or loss to any person or property, relating to or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in this Prize Draw, or claims based on publicity rights, third party intellectual property rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this Prize Draw shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
This Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Twitter.
Promoter: The Financial Times Ltd, Number One Southwark Bridge, London, SE1 9HL.